Wednesday, August 08, 2007

previewing Debby Schuh class samples

Meeting the super-creative Debby Schuh a couple weekends ago in Houston was a delight, and especially fortuitous because she would also like to teach her Anna Griffin paper classes at Scrapbooks Plus in early December.  Since I made samples of two of the classes she proposes to teach, I previewed them with my students all day Sunday. Kitty made the great suggestion that I share them here with you, so you can share the same preview and start marking your calendars.


Based on a 7Gypsies album, "Uncommon Treasures" uses the latest gorgeous Anna Griffin papers with lots of tags and folded pockets, ribbons, rub-ons and 3-D stickers. This envelope album will be the perfect place to store your photos and memorabilia from your most treasured moments with family, friends, or your travels.




The "Fabulous Framed Layout " uses the black and ivory papers from Anna Griffin's Dorothy Collection to create a beautiful framed layout to display in your home and coordinate with any decor.  The photos can easily be changed with the seasons.  A second page allows you to put both layouts in your scrapbook when you wish to reuse the frame.  (Please excuse the bluish glare on the front of the frame -- the silly camera lady (me) was not standing in the best light.)





For her third class, Debby will offer a mini album using Anna Griffin Christmas papers and embellishments.  This one is still a surprise.

Would you like to take any of these classes in December? Or use Debby's kits to make some super holiday gifts? Please share your interest with our Debbie at Scrapbooks Plus so she'll know whether to invite this special guest teacher to our area. Or leave a comment here, and I will be pleased to pass it on.

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh yes, I will take Debby's classes! Absolutely. Count me in!

Korie B. said...

Oh how beautiful! I don't know if I can commit to classes during the holiday season, but if I have an opening in my calendar, I'd love to join in!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

just beautiful!
I would love these classes!

Peggy said...

When I show friends and family the Uncommon Treasures album - they are awe-struck. It is exquisitely beautiful and I highly recommend it to scrappers of all levels. They are amazed that you can create such beauty in 3 hours.

Beth said...

I live in NJ....but would love to purchase a kit that would allow me to make these items....would be great holiday gifts for sure

Debby said...

Hi, Pam...I tried to email you but it came back as undeliverable...maybe I'm not reading the address correctly. Could you email me at memorybee@msn.com?
I'd love to visit Scrapbooks Plus! Hope it works out!
Thanks so much!
Debby

Leah Grant said...

These are beautiful! Scrapbooks Plus is bit of a jaunt for me since I'm north of Baltimore. If I were closer, I'd definitely take one of them...probably the Christmas one...I like surprises. However, I probably wouldn't be able to make any of these partially bc of distance and partially bc I hope to spend three weeks in December with my family in CO.

Nancy said...

Wonderful! I'd definitely sign up for the first class. And I'm intrigued by the holiday class. :)

carol said...

Debby is such a creative artist and super nice person! She is one of my favorite people in the industry! Carol

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I just love anna Griffin's papers and what a pretty way to use them.