Monday, November 05, 2007

in the holiday mode

Changing the clocks Saturday night did cause one sleepy student to miss class on Sunday, but the rest of us were energized and laughing through the day's two Anna Griffin papercrafting classes. The afternoon gift bag was pink and black and stylish, and resulted in lots of ideas for other papers and patterns.


With the winter holidays just around the corner, our next Anna Griffin classes will include a morning 2-page layout with cut-out ornament borders, followed by a 3-D ornament class in the afternoon. The elegant papers for the morning layout are already popular in the store, as many customers start preparing for their holiday scrapbooking.


Now, per student requests, I'm trying to re-engineer the folded paper ornaments so they will actually open and hold little gifts when they are hung on the tree.


As soon as I deliver these class samples to Scrapbooks Plus, I need to get busy packing my supplies for this week's Silver Bella, where all the glittery papercrafting classes will surely jumpstart my holiday spirit. Since I'm leaving for Omaha at o-dark-thirty Wednesday morning, tomorrow will require some quick sorting of winter sweaters after our late summer's end. Luckily, it looks like Omaha may warm up to the mid 50s for our benefit. Maybe I'll stuff my sweater pockets with some fun sparkly embellishments to personalize each class project.


After teaching Sunday's classes, I joined my husband downtown for a relaxing crabcake dinner with lovely friends visiting from Santa Barbara. Inevitably, my conversation with Susan turned to the art and scrap events we both enjoy attending, even if we have to shoehorn them into our busy schedules. Susan is a big fan of Teesha Moore's ArtFest in April up in Port Townsend, WA. Quite a long distance for me, but she assures me that ArtFest offers lots of painting workshops, so I guess I will just have to check it out. What else are those frequent flyer miles for?

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Your classes sound like so much fun and I love the projects you're teaching.

Amy Mowbray said...

Wow! These look like great classes. I love Anna Griffin papers!