Wednesday, December 12, 2007

shimmer and glitter on paper

It was a long late night at work, but I remembered I hadn't shared with you the outcome of my experiment for the Design Team using Tattered Angels' Glimmer Mist in a layout. If you live near Scrapbooks Plus, you can see the layout in the store. The metallic emulsion in the watercolor spray really does glimmer, but it's very hard to capture that sheen in a flat photo.


The Glimmer Mist colors I used are Gold and Burnt Red, sprayed lightly and in several layers to increase the glow's dimension. If you haven't tried it yet, it's important to hold the spray bottle some distance from the paper and to spray lightly and quickly if you wish to achieve a gentle shimmer rather than a concentrated or dense saturation. In addition, the layout features S.E.I. Holly Lane papers and ribbon, Heidi Swapp masks, Hambly transparencies (as " glittering snowflakes" behind the photos), Marvy and Martha Stewart punches, and my new love, glitter! And my granddaughters!

4 comments:

carol wingert said...

Very cool layout, Pam...I love Glimmer Mist and just wish I could figure out how to capture the shimmer with the camera!
I'd love to see this one in person.
Carol

beth said...

hi pam !! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a wonderful comment on my kiddos and jewelry !! i love your layout !!! hope you have a wonderful holiday season !! and maybe you will own a new pendant too ! :)
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Jeanette said...

phenomenal, Pam. Very beautiful. And your granddaughters are too. :)

suzi finer said...

cooodle cubeaudle...(that means cool but cute!)
happy holidays...
love.