Saturday, March 22, 2008

family reunion at last

So happy to have my middle son home safe and sound from his long tour in Baghdad, although his wife will remain there for a few more months till her tour ends. Right now he's helping me update my playlists and taking them wireless with mini Bose speakers tucked around my scrap desk.  How cool is that!  Of course, we're up all hours of the night till he gets his inner clock adjusted. Next he's looking forward to shedding desert sand during several weeks of surfing in Costa Rica. This weekend, however, we'll celebrate by visiting his younger brother at UVA and dining out at Zocalo's, the popular restaurant where our fledgling bartender works when he's not in class or the ER.


Besides teaching my classes, I've been busy building the guest teacher roster and coordinating the new Design Team 2008 (look for their blog soon) for Scrapbooks Plus. So before I head off for the weekend, here's a quick sample of my last-month's Design Team layout, using Daisy Bucket papers, a sticker alphabet, and a few embellishments. Using only the leftovers from assembling the members' kits, I played a bit with the pale blue alphabet stickers to compensate (and added a snip from the red net bag holding avocados to foof up the "love you" circle). As usual, my granddaughters are the main attraction!


Hope you all have a wonderful celebratory weekend, too!

1 comment:

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful girls and pages!
Sandra Evertson