Tuesday, April 01, 2008

carol wingert's feathered nest


The cardinals have flocked again to my forsythia bushes, chirping nonstop about the springtime sun that is drying up the recent rain. I think the softly-colored females currently outnumber the males flashing their red coats, but they are all such happy choir companions while I take a lunch break and share some photos of Carol Wingert's "My Feathered Nest" kit.

A couple days ago, when Carol's March kit arrived at my door, I promised her that I had really honestly finished the February kit -- and would show her! Unlike many online kits that are simply a selection of coordinated product, Carol's monthly kit offerings at creatologie are project-based. This February "feathered nest" notebook album was a delight to put together, filled with its beautiful colors, nest/egg references, plus lots of Carol's quirky touches. Her April kit will be offered at creatologie in about a week. You won't be disappointed with her fresh and creative approach.


Carol included a mirror for the front cover to embellish as we chose, so I cut up a transparency to add some flowering branches in its reflection. To paint the chipboard bird and album edges as Carol suggested, I used a sponge brush and a combination of acrylics, including Folk Art Sky Blue, Patina, and Ivory White (all from Michael's) plus Daisy D's Glitter Glaze Ice to satisfy the magpie's liking for a little bit of bling.  I like the feeling of nesting in a spring sky, with its wisps of clouds and pale blues outlining the tree branches.



2 comments:

nancy said...

Lovely job! I'll definitely keep an eye out for her April kit.

Jeanette said...

It looks so serene and beautiful. Such a nice job you did putting it together and adding your special touches. I am thoroughly enjoying Carol's monthly kits.

Hope to see you again soon. :)

Jeanette