Sunday, April 13, 2008

hi, spring!

After planting the last of our new rhododendrons this cold afternoon, I had just enough time to make a card from April's Scrapbooks Plus Design Team kit before assembling dinner. Using three coordinating My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market "Mellow" papers and a card idea I saw on Melissa Phillips's blog Lily Bean Paperie, I arranged the card so I could add my sparkly embellishments. It takes only a few warm days of spring to get me in the mood for scallops (as in petals) and shiny (as in sunshine).  But sheesh, where did the warmth go already?


Besides the sparklies, I used a few found objects on the card. Since I had a blue plastic-covered paper clip handy, I cut it into antenna for a little more pop. The blue seam binding tied across the top of the card came just days ago on a package from Rebecca Sower.


In a couple days I'm on my way to inhale the shared creative energy of Scrap Etc in Nashville. Lots of classes with teachers I'm looking forward to, lots of visiting with friends . . . can't wait! But will it be warm yet?!?
.

4 comments:

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Spring indeed!!! I have slippers on my feet I am so cold!!!

But this card is just beautiful!!! I love the glitteryness of it!

Debby Schuh said...

Love this card! See you soon in Nashville!

Junie Moon said...

Your card is gorgeous! Have fun in Nashville, you'll come back with great new ideas.

Melissa said...

I had to pop by for a visit. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Happy day!