Tuesday, May 27, 2008

creativity fairy for inspiration

.





What beautiful weather we had here this remembrance weekend in northern Virginia -- sunny but balmy, birds singing their natural anthem, roses in bloom, al fresco meals requiring us only to sit back and enjoy. Not wanting to miss a minute of the effortless luxury and fine family conversations, I took only a short time away to make something in my studio.













Several weeks ago Candice Carpenter sent me her kit to make a fantastic "Creativity Fairy" party hat. You can find more of her Monthly Party Hats here, where she combines a fondness for flamboyantly fun retro finds with modern scrapbooking products. She offers a range of other kits, too, often of the classes she teaches to those lucky ladies who live around southern CA.




Decked out with tissue garland, glitter, gold stars and a star wand, the fairy hat seemed just the celebratory thing to create this weekend. The clipart fairy herself came from Hope Wallace of Paper Relics. Since I didn't have enough tissue garland to go around the wand, I covered it with sheet music and used pink tinsel instead. Rather than seaming the hat up the back, I reversed the decorative fairy oval to the seam side and then "buttoned" up the back with Cropadile punches from the Heidi Swapp chipboard ledger letters Candice provided. Then it seemed appropriate to write out my own version of the word "Inspiration" for the wand's message, using her photo as a guideline.

Now my Creativity Fairy sits on my red swirled cake stand, paired with my big red lucky die. Not quite fireworks, but close enough.


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fairy, Pam. Love the tinsel! Kitty

Beverly said...

Definitely worthy of cheers. I'm glad you're enjoying life.

Maija said...

I was at the class in LA, and we had such a good time!! I love what you did with the wand!

Kim Caldwell said...

Love those sweet hats that Candice creates. We had such fun putting ours together here in Los Angeles. Love your wand!

Kim