Thursday, May 29, 2008

ribbon rout

Once again my workspace is a mess, with several Design Team projects mid-stream, class supply lists and kit prep piling up, and a Glimmer Mist demo in the works for Scrapbooks Plus in June.  Nor do I want to be inside dealing with any of it when a lounge chair outside is sighing my name, magazine pile at the ready. Oh, the very thought of you, sunshiny day -- crisp shadows that lean long across the greened grass, red maple leaves dancing gracefully on the slight air shifts, a generous quiet that pays attention to small sounds.


Contrary to the lightness of being outside, this compiled ribbon assortment in my studio seems heavy and workaholic. The small spools of ribbon are tucked in an old red-painted wooden Cola box that neatly fits between the legs at the end of my farmhouse table, camouflaging the low shelf where red storage boxes serviceably line up. But today I feel the need for unblocked views and more air flow. So I'm mulling over where to move the ribbon box as an excuse to daydream and gaze out my window.  

.

3 comments:

Ulla said...

This is so pretty, it looks like an artpiece!

Beverly said...

What an ingenious idea. I love your ribbon keeper.

Now, go ahead and play for a bit. It will do your heart good.

Cheryl said...

What a yummy collection!