Tuesday, June 03, 2008

finding the fun

.
While making a quick trip to the Beekeeper's Cottage for some more soft linen pillowcases with old-fashioned tatted edgings, I couldn't resist a photo of their cute planters and shutters in polka-dotted red.


Then on to The Cottage to see what Ann and Linda have picked up recently. As usual, they have the knack for finding lots of great old stuff, in summery color combinations and cool shabby whites.





And oh, my stars and stripes . . . the most fun red letters! Can you imagine having these fun red hand-cut metal letters, rusty relics of an old Kaufmann's store sign, propped up on your deck to proclaim the summer's agenda?  (Yep, that's my hubby helping Ann take down the letters :).  

.

5 comments:

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Oh you lucky girl! Now have lots of that FUN this summer! xo, suzy

Maija said...

Those planters rock!
I think Amy got one of those letters but I didn't realize how big!

Cameron said...

Oh I am envious! Those letters are so huge and so FUN! And Maija's right, those planters do rock!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I wish I had been at the Cottage to bump into you!

Anita said...

I am sooo coveting those red letters that I'm thinking you got to take home! What FUN they really are!! I sure wish I didn't live on the other side of the country from these darling stores...but so glad you'll post pics for us to enjoy!