Monday, June 16, 2008

glimmer mist demonstration

.
Once again the skies darkened so that the trees were suddenly not visible from my window and the subsequent storm returned us to a somewhat primitive afternoon without electricity. But not before I had managed to paint a few cardstock tags for the free Glimmer Mist demonstration at Scrapbooks Plus on Wednesday from 2-4 pm. These shimmery watercolors with metallic pigments blend so well that it is easy to custom-color your paper.  Although it's difficult to photograph the true colors and glimmer, I hope you can get an idea if you haven't already tried them.




Just for fun, I made niece Holly a "luggage tag" for her backpack, using a bubble pack to hold her photo and a frame painted front and back with Bubblegum Pink and Fully Purple. When I cut into the center of the frame and rolled back the edges, the color continued from the reverse side. On the back of the photo will be her I.D. information. A fuschia ribbon through the clasp of the bubble pack will tie the tag onto her backpack. After the demonstration I'll add her name to the right side of the frame.




On the mini Art Journal above, the die-cut chipboard letters, Glimmer Mist frame chip (under the "R"), string (wrapped around the letters) and torn paper pieces are Glimmer Misted. Below on C'est la Vie, everything on the cover is Glimmer Misted, including the chipboard cover (Pink Bubblegum and Gold), the Heidi Swapp masked butterflies, the torn paper pieces, and the Glimmer Mist corner chip. The title is also masked using Heidi Swapp silhouette stickers lightly tapped in place and then removed after spraying. I then re-wrote the title in the masked-off space with a white Sharpie paint pen.  The little book is provided in the Glimmer Mist Regal kit, which includes instructions for making a slightly different version. Click on photos to enlarge and see the glimmer.




If you're able to join me on Wednesday, I'll share with you various blending techniques and other fun projects using Glimmer Mist chips and screens.

.

3 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I bought Glimmer Mist for the first time at your shop after Debbie's class and I am now hooked on the stuff.

Cheryl said...

Lovin' your style, Miss Pamela!

Cameron said...

Oh, very cool, love that c'est la vie! I've never thought to use the Heidi Swapp silhouettes as masks... DUH. Another one of those smack-myself-on-the-forehead moments. Thanks! :) Super cool!