Monday, July 21, 2008

an alphabet of dots, circles and envelopes

.
Since it's a bright sunny morning, I thought I'd share one more addition to this month's Design Team display at Scrapbooks Plus. The Flourishes, Dots & Circles Papers chosen this month from The Crafter's Workshop are so young and cheery with their sherbet colors, clean white background, and lots and lots of circles that I knew I wanted to make a mini alphabet album. Since I've been on a paper-folding roll lately, it was only natural to add envelopes and folders to the album as well. And since the sturdy printed papers are one-sided, folding them into envelopes helped keep the white backside under wraps. The accordion-style book with sewn-in signatures provided enough pages front and back to include the entire alphabet.

Wouldn't it be fun to create this album with your child, picking favorite photos to match each alphabet letter? You could place photos on the pages and add a bit of journaling or found objects in the enclosures to come back and find again later.








It's not that difficult to make the envelopes and folders, which spread across the accordion fold. And it's just the standard pamphlet stitch to sew in the signatures that pop open when you untie the front or the back of the book.










I hope you'll come in to the store and see the whole display, but especially my little mini alphabet album! It's just so much fun to hold and explore :).
.

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Love the Alphas mini! You should sell templates for all of your fabulous enevelopes; I'll be first in line.

I love this die cut frame you've used in both the Alphas book, Nice Girls 2 page layout, and your Thank You card. Where can I get this????

BTW -- I'm so jealous of all the fabulous trips you're taking to craft with "The Greats."

Keep up the great work!

Cassi

Pamela Jane said...

Cassi, the die used for that curvy frame shape is the Sizzix Bigz Die #2 Ornate Frame. I think I use the great shape of the "negative" inside more often than I use the actual frame, but on the layout I did use both. Thanks for asking! Pam