Thursday, September 18, 2008

anna griffin alix summer layout

.
As the weather turns cooler, the birds are chirping noisily around my house, urging each other to make the most of the glorious days of fall. Auburn leaves have already fallen, their crisp curling edges scratching across the walkways when the slight breeze puffs them along their way. It's time to start gathering the basil from my garden to make pesto ice cubes for winter sauces.


So teaching this weekend's Anna Griffin class using her "Alix" line was our farewell to summer. The one-page layout was beach-themed, with shells and coral patterns in vibrant summery colors. (Alterations in layout design include the little chipboard leftovers making the "fence" at the beach.)

Accompanying the layout, the accordion album (below) provided lots of room for more photos of those lazy summer beach vacations.


Since so many of us prefer a two-page layout, here's an optional second page I made for your enjoyment. Except for the full background sheet and the photo mats, the rest of the papers and embellishments came from the class kit. The wide bottom border is layered and attached like a pocket for the photo mats; the corner bands on the photo mats are attached only at the ends so a photo can still slide under them.


P.S. I just realized that none of my Blogger photos are retaining their intensity of color as they were in class. I'll try to fix that if I can.

1 comment:

Kara Ward said...

This is just lovely. Anna Griffin rules in my book. Thanks for sharing...Kara