Tuesday, September 09, 2008

in the sonoran desert at ce

.
Now that I'm home from a fabulous week in Phoenix and all the creative energy at Creative Escape (see the slideshow), I'm diligently trying to re-program myself for the classes I'm teaching here in VA and MD during the next three weekends. Of course, I'd rather leisurely unpack and savor each CE class project, many of which I still need to finish and none of which I've photographed yet. But the laundry, grocery shopping, and baking had to come first, as always.


So I'll share instead a photo that illustrates my quirky, forgetful style of taking event photos. In spite of being surrounded by old and new friends, over 600 women at times, and by striking desert scenery, great hotel ambience, and several shopping forays, this is what I captured in one of the few times I managed to look through the mechanical eye. It's the public ladies room at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel, with its tent-shaped pile of guest towels, earthenware soap dispensers, and natural wall elements coupled with metallic sheen -- indicative of the earthy decor throughout the hotel.  What can I say, except it caught my eye?


The view from my room's balcony included a walking path, a pond, one of the golf holes at the resort's two golf courses, the distant Sierra Estrella mountains  . . .


and a nearly cloudless Arizona sunset over the Sonoran Desert.  Usually feeling like a deer in the headlights when I'm surrounded by lots of people, I found myself often enjoying this long quiet view.


Almost everything was dual-labeled to include the Maricopa language, even on my balcony door.


Back soon with friendly faces and projects-in-progress.
.

1 comment:

cflook said...

Hi Pamela...It was good to see you again at CE even just to say hi! Your pictures are beautiful. I have lots of unpacking to do as well, hoping to finish my Good Book in the next day or two.
-Christa