Wednesday, June 03, 2009

another journal start

.



Although it was a busy day, I took my new journal with me in case I had a chance to start on its fresh pages. And luckily, while waiting for my lunch to come to the table, I had just enough time to sketch a page, a sort of stylized figure from maybe the 1960's, a bit vintage like the new-found treasures we'll be looking for next week. The lighting wasn't great, and all I had was my pencil.  No color yet.  But I'm looking forward to a great day next Friday shopping with new and old friends in Leesburg.  I'm sure we'll have many colorful hours that I'll want to note.  Maybe I can even persuade each of these lovely women to add a page for me. Wouldn't that be a great memory!




Edit:  I finally remembered where I had seen the sewing pattern pose that prompted this sketch.  It's pictured on Kari Ramstrom's Year of Color blog, as a Moleskine journal cover made by Julie Thompson.  You can see Julie's cute journal here.  
.

10 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Great sketch!

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

wow! Looks wondeful! Trust me, you don't want me sketching in your journal......
I'm excited for next week!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

I LOVE your journal Pamela...you are so good at sketching. I am terrible at it. OH, and yes we will shop til you drop! I am so excited to visit your neck of the woods. I have never been there. Really looking forward to seeing you there! xo Heather

Stephenie said...

I just love your journal!!! Your sketch is amazing...I'll add a page to your journal, although my drawing is a bit 1st grade(hehe)!!! I'm really excited about the trip to Leesburgh!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone and yes, we will shop til we drop!!!! Have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to meeting you....
Stephenie

Beth Leintz said...

Oh my- you've already captured the exact image of me when I'm shopping- thin, well dressed, chic accessories and perfectly coiffed hair.

Good to know you'll recognize me.

Seriously- great sketch and looking forward to meeting up with you!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

You are so talented, she's perfect!
:) Lidy

julie (jane's apron) said...

Love it... the shopping attitude is perfect!

ArtsyMama said...

Fabulous sketch! I love it. Thanks so much for sharing:)
Kari

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey sweets,
Girl you are so talented!!!
i love this sketch.
oxoxo,
jessi

Lori said...

hi there...your sketch is amazing...trust me, there is no way you want me doodling in your book...drawing is really not my thing, and i am not good at it by any stretch of the imagination...i am really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!!!