Monday, June 15, 2009

lovely ladies in love with vintage

.

The Ladies Leesburg Vintage Society
Back row: Jessica, Pam, Lori, Amy, Heather, Andrea
Front Row: Hope, Karla, Beth, Stephenie, Robin
Photo by Donna Troxler, owner On a Whim


This past Friday, Heather brilliantly organized a lovely shopping day in Leesburg that brought together blogging friends from PA, OH, MD, VA, and even KS.  She further managed a day full of sunshine after weeks of thunder and rain here. We enjoyed wonderful hours of laughing and shopping and eating -- and getting to know each other in person.


Amy, Karla, Jessica, Lori, Andrea, Heather inside the Antique Emporium


You'll enjoy such a treat when you visit each of their blogs (see links above) for gorgeous photos showcasing their favorite images of the day.   Although I'm lucky enough to shop at these vintage places more often, it's such an eye-opener to see the day through their eyes, and to see what I may have missed, too. And yes, I was too busy chatting to remember to take many photos myself.


Amy, Heather, Stephenie, Lori at On a Whim


Our full day started with a couple hours at Lucketts, the Beekeeper's Cottage, and the Design House.  Inside Lucketts is the small shop Fleurish where, as blogging serendipity would have it, we met the owner Karen, the Graphics Fairy, who came to life right before our eyes.  Down the road at On a Whim, the owner Donna told us stories about her wonderful prom gown collection and took our group photos.  In Leesburg at The Cottage, owner Ann was pleased to see old and new friends come to visit.


Robin, Beth, Jessica outside Lola's


Needing a mid-day refreshment break at Lola's, we indulged in homemade cookies and lemonade and cokes in the green bottle while examining the very prolific pages of Hope's journal.  Fortified, we made our way to the Antique Emporium and then Ekster's, where the light subtle European tones of gray and white delighted everyone.  




Ok, I was compelled to take this photo of my raspberry sherbet dessert at Tuscarora Mills where they graciously gathered together a looong table for our 11 hungry selves. Lacking a sweet tooth, I seldom eat dessert, but this was delicious!






And afterwards we stayed on chatting outside Tuskies through the balmy evening . . .
.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Pamela, your pictures are wonderful...and i am SO glad you posted about the sequence of our day...it was kind of a blur to me...and i can use your info for filling out the wonderful folder from you and the book from Karla...thanks!!!

Beth Leintz said...

Love those pictures from outside the restaurant- what a great place to end a great day.

Stephenie said...

Pamela, I had the best day ever..I'm just so happy you were part of it...You are just the sweetest lady ever...I also wanted to say Thank you, for the sweet book you made for us...I will cherish it forever...Your pictures turned out amazing..We'll have to do this again soon...
Stephenie

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Pamela, it was such a joy to meet you last weekend. I had SO SO Much fun chatting with all of you and shopping at such beautiful places. I am looking forward to another trip in the future! You are such a sweetheart... thanks for the
little book you made. I LOVE it.

Maija said...

How fabulous! I love spending time with my peeps, too! You have a wonderful group of girls there!

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

Hi Pamela,
What a terrific day it was! I love the way you described everything! I love my little portfolio you made....so sweet! I can't wait for us all to do this again!