Thursday, August 06, 2009

rushing to the post office . . .

.

Before heading off to NYC tomorrow morning, I'm squeezing in a few more RAKs (random acts of kindness) to send to ladies attending Creative Escape at the end of August. Two of the ladies are coming from Norway, so I better hurry these to the post office today. No fair if the little packages get to them late.

Keeping with this year's CE color scheme of black, lime green and pink, I used some of my Anna Griffin stash, like the flocked zebra paper for die-cut butterflies, the black crown brads to close the Bazzill Parakeet folder, and the black felt flower border (tucked inside).  The handwriting is done with a Sharpie marker.  Along with Prima flowers in lime and pink and other surprise goodies, I used Cari Kraft's idea to make a pink Bazzill "escape" flash card to add to the fun. Fun, too, that the cloth under the glass on my painting table coordinated with the overall scheme. Sometimes it's the little things that keep you going. :)

In just a few weeks, I'll be checking in with good friends in Phoenix, searching for some good shopping, and, oh yeah, taking some great classes..

3 comments:

Lori said...

very cute...i love the color combo!!!

Mary Green said...

those butterflies are great (well, all of it is, but they're my favorite)

Sandy said...

I was hoping that the little green folder with "Sandy" on it was meant for me...it was, it was!!! Harder to say which I love more, the art mail or the goodies in the folder!! Even my mailman was impressed, he delivered to my door rather than fold it into my mailbox! Thank you Pam!!