Monday, March 15, 2010

boutique class at carol wingert's

.

Last Saturday, during my very rainy week in Phoenix, the sun shone brightly on the one day that mattered, Carol's all-day Heirloom Book class held in her back yard. Her first boutique event included all our supplies to make a springtime-inspired canvas book filled with vintage laces and buttons, flower-making techniques, and fabric transfers, with even more supplies presented in a white enamel lunch box to add to the surprise. Heather of Speckled Egg also gifted us with petite flowers for our books.




Carol's sample book (above).






Carol teaching in her garden.











Table mates Kim (above) and Maija (below).


Dayl and Teah (above); around the fish pond (below).


The lovely creative day included a leisurely lunch in her garden and home-baked goodies throughout the day. Below is one of my page spreads made in class Saturday. Carol's next boutique Heirloom Book event will be held in June. She will be announcing details and registration on her blog, so if you're interested in attending, keep checking there. :)

.

5 comments:

Katsui Jewelry said...

Pam,
That is just beautiful! What a treat to sit in Carol Wingert's garden and take a class.

I am off to Phoenix in less than a week and plan on getting together with Miss Maija for lunch and a class from Trish, who was also at Silver Bella.

This gives me a better idea of what you like to work with!

Suz

Teah said...

Hi Pam,
It was so nice to meet you at Carol's and then again at Scrapbooks Etc. You have a lovely blog. I've been here before, I just didn't realize it. You 39 squares is looking great. Take care and hope to see you again soon. Teah

Maija said...

It wasso much fun to see you Pam!! I'm glad we got to sit near eash other! I was just working on my book tonight, putting photos of my mom into it.

Catherine said...

Sigh...
Oh thank you for sharing a few sweet moments from your day with Carol. It looks beautiful.

xoxo
Catherine

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, my, I just might have to schedule a VA trip at that time!!!! I'll be going to Kim's CA event in July, looks like this could turn into an arty, festive summer!