Monday, March 01, 2010

square one

For her first embroidered square during her birthday stitchalong, Amy of Inspire Co. stitched a beautiful little bluebird wearing a party hat! I just finished my first square, too, not quite as ambitious in design. I did copy her square's border stitch, although I'm not sure what stitch it is. :) Then I filled in with satin stitch and a cute little ladybug from French General's bead supply.


If you want to stitch along, or just check on all those who are participating, there's a growing blog list. Can't wait to see all the cute little squares!
.

10 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Cute! We would call that a chain stitch. Maybe you too?! Have fun today!

Joanna {sweet finds} said...

How sweet! And my favorite colors too. :) I thought the "bloom" was your first stitch. But I guess that's for Teresa's project.

Happy Stitching,
Joanna

Bryanna Lenan said...

Oh... wow.. that is so sweet... and your stitches look so even and good... I need a lot more practice!! lol!!
Thanks for looking at my blog!! xoxox
Bryanna

BailiwickStudio said...

Ooooh, it's lovely!

Linda B said...

This is adorable! I don't think you're a beginner!! Yours looks too good:D

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Sooooo sweet! My daughter and I are playing a long too!

C'est Magnifique said...

Cute!

Tania

Lisa Super said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I wanted to visit you and see your first square. Adorable! Is that border stitch hard? I need to google that for a tutorial.

carmenleigh said...

Your stitches are crazy perfect! Wow! Love the design!

Katsui Jewelry said...

That is adorable, too!