Tuesday, March 02, 2010

squares in progress

Tonight I hoped to be a little further along in my bedtime stitching, but practicing my chunky 6-ply satin stitch took longer than expected when I tried to fashion a shaded flower. I liked Jill's idea of letting her flower overlap the edges of the square, so I tried it too. Don't yet know what else I'll put in the green square. And apologies for the late night photography lighting.


Although I'll be out of town until early next week, I'm hoping to have a little late night hotel stitching time. :)
.

12 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Some smaller leaves with knot-stitch buds?

Sandy said...

Awesome!!

Claudia said...

I love this. Your satin stitch is gorgeous.

Claudia

amy said...

Stunning! I love it. Thanks so much for agreeing to stitch along. And for being such a great friend.

Molly said...

Wow your work is amazing! Very, very elegant :) I just learned how to french knot and have used it on a bag I am embellishing but I did not use it on the ice cream cones all though I was tempted. Thank you for the sweet comments :) Have a great trip!
~Molly P

Maija said...

Your stitching is so pretty!! I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!

SharonVM said...

Okay, Pam, I'm going to join in. I did two last night to catch up and will do two more tonight - will post my progress when I actually make some!
And LOVE the orange in this square!

Katsui Jewelry said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Suz

Roxie said...

Absolutely love this! You're a beautiful stitcher!

NicNacManiac said...

Love the direction you are taking...you are an awesome artist!
Happy Sunday!!

Catherine said...

Oh how pretty, luv your colors. I have been on a ski vac but am going to jump in albeit late :)

So glad we met at Creative Escape

Catherine

Merci-Notes said...

Gorgeous!!!
Did you use floss that is mmm shaded in the same color?
I am going to be trying to use more than one square also~ after Amy's kite string :)
Hope your trip went well,
With Kindness,
Mary