Thursday, July 22, 2010

that's me, the busy bee


Busy, busy week. After many trips with UHaul and SUV, youngest son and girlfriend are moved into their new Arlington apartment. Check. Our master bedroom is emptied, carpet cleaned. Check. New bed frame scheduled to arrive this evening. Check. Bedroom furniture scheduled to move back in tomorrow. Pre-Paris dinner party with middle son and daughter-in-law tomorrow evening. Time to get officially excited about trip. Check. Then time to start packing for mid-week departure. Sure hope I can find my passport in this upheaval . . . got it, check.



Sneak peek of the new bed frame? These photos are from my favorite Beekeeper's Cottage, but think grey-white linen fabric and king-size. Hand carving on the painted wood surrounds. And dreamy!
This is one of the few pieces of furniture I've bought new and hand-crafted just for me in 40 years of marriage. (My West Point/Airborne/Ranger husband would be just as happy sleeping on a board.) Almost everything else came from when I worked as a designer or from auctions, antique shops and flea markets. Can't wait to test it tonight!!
.

8 comments:

Sue said...

The bed is beautiful!!! You will feel like Queen V. sleeping on it tonight - Enjoy!

Sue

Heather said...

If that is your new bed, I am coming over!! That is AWESOME!! I love it! Your never too old for a slumber party!!!

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

oh my goodness! What a beautiful piece! Lucky you! It will make you smile every time you see it, and that my dear is worth EVERY PENNY!

Catherine said...

A bed fit for Marie Antoinette, hope you have some bon bons on the beside table...LOL

So envious you are leaving so soon for Paris, Sept seems so far away. Will be anxious to hear all about your wonderful adventures.
Catherine

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh my goodness that bed is absolutely scrumptious. I'd be in pure heaven! Enjoy enjoy!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog too.

Cheers,
Holly

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Anything from that shop would be a beautiful addition to a home, but man-- that bed??? Wow!!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

ohhhh It is the most amazing bed!!! Congrats on such a beautiful purchase... and have so much fun in France.

xoxo

Maija said...

OMG! Congrats on your heavenly acquisition!!