Friday, August 13, 2010

cycling on the champs-élysées

Just a quick report to let you know my wish was granted. This evening my daughter-in-law and I went to dinner by motorcycle, then enjoyed riding around to see all the sights lit up, down the Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe, along the Seine, under the archways into the Louvre, down to Notre Dame, back around the Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Assemblée National, l'Opéra, and so on. Yes, cycling through traffic around the Arc de Triomphe was daunting, but it was a cool beautiful evening!! Bonne nuit!
.

6 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed your pictures of Paris and your flea market finds. Thanks for sharing!

Debby Schuh said...

Who was driving the motorcycle? You?!! Sounds like a magical night!

Sue said...

That sounds lovely!! (and I am totally having this visual of you driving that motorcycle, Pam!!) LOL!!

Sue

Lynne said...

Hi there Pam,
I have enjoyed your Paris blog immensely. It reminded me of when I was living in London a few years back. Miss the Portobello Road flea and vintage market there!! Your shopping made me nostalgic.
I got your blog link from Korie's blog. I will be a vendor at her retreat in a couple of weeks. I'm Lynne and my blogspot is www.simplyprettystuff.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing your finds. Loved it. You are a very lucky gal to be there riding the motorcycle route!! Nice to meet you.
Best,
L

Catherine said...

Now that sounds amazing. You can check one more thing off your bucket list...lol

My date is getting closer, i wish we could overlap and meet up at a cafe for a lovely Paris hello.

Again, thanks for all the fab postings.

Catherine

Katsui Jewelry said...

Pam,
I never thought of you as a motorcycle chick...but it Paris everything is possible, right? Seriously, it sounds freeing and heavenly!
Suz