Saturday, August 28, 2010

glimpses of august in paris

.

Enjoying a quiet spot in the Luxembourg Gardens,
where I often read and rested my feet :).
Did more of the same at the Tuileries.


Looking across the Seine at the Louvre


One of the many endlessly-fascinating truncated-corner buildings in Paris





Looking up at Sacre Couer






Water lilies at Giverny


Monet's front porch at Giverny


Starbucks, Paris-style


One of my many cafe summer salads



You may be wondering where all the people were while I was photographing during my weeks in Paris. Of course I visited most of the usual crowded tourist places. But since this was my vacation, I was especially trying to capture quiet moments where my imagination could live on without interference, where I could experience the efforts of the designing hands that created the beauty that still elevates this city. I hope you enjoyed a few glimpses along with me..

3 comments:

Katsui Jewelry said...

Sigh. You are a really good photographer, Pam. We are off to Prague and Croatia in less than two weeks but you make me wish I was going to Paris!
Fondly,
Suz

Catherine said...

Lovely photos, as always. Ah Paris...sigh.

Hope you are well and having a wonderful time.

Hugs,
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous....I want that salad....