Sunday, September 05, 2010

home in body but not in spirit

Although I'm home, I'm still missing Paris and thought I should share another photo.
Every day as I walked to the metro, I passed this wonderfully aged wall
of an old lycée.



This old school wall hints at what I'm doing to get my feet back on the ground
on this side of the Atlantic.
Through the fall, I'm taking a bunch of classes --
in Phoenix, at Dulles, in Dallas, in Omaha, and in NYC,
tucking in a side trip to Oberammergau to see the last performance
of the 41st year (during 375 years) of the Passion Play.

A route-numbered birthday is coming up this fall, too,
so I'm heeding the call of the road while I still can. :)
Is anyone else old enough to remember Nat King Cole or Chuck Berry
singing "Get your kicks on Route 66" (well before John Mayer)
or the 1960s TV series that drove a Corvette across America on Route 66?

Hope you are relaxing and enjoying your long weekend
before you start your list of autumn activities, too!
.
.

2 comments:

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

that picture is beautiful! I'd love to get my hands on those shutters!
and you absolutely MUST be kidding about that birthday!

LiLi M. said...

Mmm missing Paris won't take long if you can look forward to 5 art treats!! Sorry I cannot help you with your birthday...born in Europe in '61.