Sunday, November 07, 2010

silver bella bagged and bound

.

In a couple days I'm westward-bound again, off to Silver Bella in Omaha with my tools and swaps and talented roommate Sue. It will be a swell time of meeting old friends and making new ones, too. One new friend will be my swap partner in the round-robin Bella Bag Swap. As my luck would have it, she has spent years (!) making and selling all sorts of totes and bags. Nonetheless, I persevered in my quest to make her the vintage-type bag I hope she'll enjoy.


My pink mini sewing machine is so cute, but it was totally inadequate to the job of sewing through thick feed bag and heavy lining material. So I settled for sewing most of the the bag by hand with crochet thread. Notice the vintage dishcloth that I tucked inside for a pocket? And see those yo-yo flowers up there on the front of the bag? I just learned how to make those when sweet friend Amy asked me to make an extra yo-yo tree (the pink one, of course) for her Inspired Ideas magazine article.



Ok, there's still one more swap to finish, tools and supplies to corral, and bags to pack before I meet that early morning plane. Hope to see you in Omaha!

9 comments:

Suz said...

Elegant. Just elegant. I hope I am your partner ;-)

Sue said...

Absolutely Perfect!!!! I told you it would work out just fine. I am sure your partner will LOVE it!

LiLi M. said...

I'm sure too that your partner will be thrilled and if not...we are lining up to have it! I just love it. That lace/crochet is the very same I had as a teenager, I hung it around a dark oak shelve under my mirror. Mmm where is it now? I suspect my mother (who is no longer with us). She threw away about anything, I sometimes think that is why I save anything and cannot find a thing...mmm think I'm getting distracted. Have a lot of fun at Silver Bella, lucky girl!

stephanie said...

I love that pin cushion in the photo! So hard to believe that Silver Bella is finally here. Still have so many finishing touches to put on swaps...buy supplies...pack...Oh my goodness!!!

stephanie said...

I am so scattered right now that I forget to tell you that the bag you created is simply beautiful....

meleen said...

hi pam,

can't wait to see you at sb!! i can't believe it's that time already....actually, i can't believe it's november!!!....where did this year go? oh, well...
loving your bag, you make such beautiful things!!

see you soon!
meleen

campsusie said...

Pam!
Your bag is so lovely and I'm certian your swap partner will be thrilled! Love the vintage dishcloth pocket - how clever!
Look forward to seeing you VERY soon....
Hugs,
Susie

Catherine said...

Oh Pam, I "heart" Silver Bella as well : )
Have a wonderful time, play hard and create lots of beuty..
Can't wait to see photos upon your return.
Catherine

Jami said...

Hi Pam! I so enjoyed meeting you at SB, and I hope your bella bag that I made measures up to your lovely talents. Your bag was delicious as pictured here and in person. I also had the pleasure of meeting Miss Amy P. and found her delightful and sweet. What a talented and gracious bunch of gals I met this week, I am so blessed.
Yours, Jami
oneladyarts.blogspot.com