Tuesday, February 15, 2011

escaping winter in the caribbean

One of the three pools and walkway in front of our apartment complex

Spiral staircase down to the private beach

The morning pool, with steps at the far end leading up to our apartment

In case you're tired of winter, I thought I'd share a little Caribbean sun and sea from our beach front on St Maarten. I had to indulge in gelato twice today to stay fortified for so much loveliness.

From our beach, looking west at five-masted tall ship sailing by

Looking further east from our beach


The courthouse downtown in Phillipsburg

Welcome to St Maarten's Dutch side
.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, just rub it in!!! Ha, enjoy yourself. Hope not tooo many gelato jump out at you. It looks blissfully relaxing.

Debby Schuh said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! It looks heavenly! Can't wait to see your pictures!

carol wingert said...

Oh, what a wonderful place to be in February! I'm sure you're having a GREAT time! Hugs!

m i c h e l l e said...

Seriously seriously seriously jealous!!!!!

Your pics look amazing and thanks for the sunshine. :-)

LiLi M. said...

Have fun! Especially on the Dutch side ;-)!

Korie B. said...

I can smell the sand and water just looking at your pics. Enjoy yourself!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad you are having a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing the photos!

See you soon!!

LuLu~*xoxo

Suz said...

Looks like a ton of fun!
Hugs,
Suz

Catherine said...

Oh I luv the Carribean. One of my favorite places to go. I am a water baby, took me years as a kid to understand why I was not a mermaid...lol.
The azure blue water, sigh. Have a wonderful time
Catherine