Friday, May 06, 2011

painting with misty mawn at art & soul

This past weekend I thoroughly enjoyed a couple classes with Misty Mawn at the Hampton Art & Soul event. We covered a wide gamut of drawing and painting approaches on paper, including transfer techniques and stencils, all guided by Misty's sure hand. Since I tend to prefer building up the paint, layering each technique on top of another, I was less prolific than many in the class who produced lots of background papers. But here are some painted pages (11"x 15" cold-press 140-lb watercolor tablet) and a couple drawings photographed in class in various unfinished states. If ever you have an opportunity to take a class with Misty, don't hesitate.














4 comments:

Robin said...

Love the pages! I hope to go to art and soul one year. Your sketches are beautiful too!

Charlene said...

So great to see you at Moulin Rouge! I am still trying to recover. I WOULD LOVE to go to Art & Soul. I have heard so much about it. Thanks for sharing!
Charlene

Catherine said...

Oh Pam,
Your sketches are lovely. I particularly like the grace kelly interrpretation. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

i am going to attend Carol's event in June, can't wait.

Hope all is well,
Catherine

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Beautiful work! I missed Art & Soul this year. I hope to return to teach next year. Looks like you had a good time.