Tuesday, August 23, 2011

doodling for eliää


Over the last two weeks, while my middle son visits for too short a time, I've done very little that isn't grandbaby related -- lots of company, dinners by candlelight so little Eliää can sleep alongside us while we eat, some baking for the gaggle of sweet tooths, sitting in the sun listening to my son expound on the medical explanation for everything we can think to ask while we rock the baby and mama dozes on the deck lounge, and so on.

Somewhere along the way I started this doodle page to announce sweet Eliää's arrival. In addition to banners proclaiming "soar" and "fly high" and other good wishes, I'll add her name and birth date...and lots of color, of course. But since we still have company coming and going every day this week, culminating in a Friday funeral service in Gettysburg for the last of the great-grands, I'll share the page-in-progress now, just in case she's in college before I finish it. You know how that goes, right?

Hope you are enjoying some lazy days of summer!

2 comments:

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Congratulations! She has a lovely name! Your doodles are fabulous!

jinxxxygirl said...

How wonderful for you. How do you pronounce her name. It looks lovely written.