Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving to you


As I started setting the family table early this morning,
gathering pieces collected from making our home in so many previous places,
I was pleased to welcome a sunny day to celebrate this Thanksgiving.

Later, while I make the butternut squash soup to precede the turkey,
I'll add the place cards to the votive holders
filled with tiny cones from our hemlock tree.

And all day I'll be thankful for the blessings of a family that gathers,
some already here, some not yet here,
to give thanks together wherever we live.
I hope your day is shared with those you love!

2 comments:

Debby Schuh said...

I hope you had a good day with your family! I'm thankful for you!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

come visit. I have your paper doll angel on my blog!