Friday, February 21, 2014

studio construction update



Just checking in to say there is progress, however slow, on construction of 
my new studio.
Besides battling the intemperate winter weather here,
we've been bearing the brunt of delivery delays all along the line.
Construction has already taken twice as long as predicted,
and we still have a ways to go.
My son is building his latest huge tall commercial building in Boston,
and it seems my small enterprise will take almost as long (only half joking).

But I'm finally able to get a sense of the space and atmosphere
that will soon be a reality.
Now that the scaffolding is removed from all but a short side section,
here's the front wall in the late afternoon wintry sun
after the rainstorm passed through.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting! You must be chomping at the bit to get in there and start creating in your new space. :)
Thanks for sharing the progress!

mary truax said...

The studio is going to be wonderful! I have family in MD, so perhaps will join you when you open it up to students. I've been thinking about sharing my passion of quilting with some of the neighbor kids. Reading about your journey gives me hope to hold on tight to my dreams.